Friday, September 24, 2010

Marieke's September Results

Okay, so I am finally catching up. Yay!

As usual, this is another one for Kurt's album. At this point, I have come to believe I'll never be done with it. I just have to think positive and say to myself, "It will be done. It will be done."

I was happy to get 10 photos on this layout. That always feels like a huge accomplishment. I scraplifted a lot of ideas from Claudia's layout. I loved how she cut out the circles. I totally stole that. The idea of adding paper to fill the spaces in between the photos came from some layouts I saw...somewhere. One of Rachel's layouts? A magazine? I don't remember now. Sorry. I'm usually much better at giving proper credit. :-)

The only other thing I can add to this is that when Spencer saw it and read the poem, he said, "Two little eyes? Two? Really?" Oops. Sometimes, I just forget.



6 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad one of us is catching up. I am busy getting behind again, but I digress.
    I love this layout! I love the way you used the cardstock and embellishments to make a sort of mosaic grid. I can tell that you spent a lot of time with the placement of each piece and the result is a layout that looks clean, organized and perfectly coordinated. The repeating theme of threes is not lost on me, either (traffic lights, orange brads, yellow and green circles, anyone? Love it!). I also love how you added cut out circles to the dry embossed cardstock to add even more texture. The three circles you used to link the photos and papers on each page also help to guide the eye across the page - genius. And they even echo the wheel on Alex's bike on the second page. Now that's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout with so many pictures, and using the lime green paper as a solid large matte is a great idea. And I love the multi-colored circles between the pictures. I agree, they guide the eye, and also creates a continuity between the patterned paper on opposite edges. Very smart layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still way behind, but I'll give it a go anyway.

    I loved seeing Kurt's album in person. All of the layouts were inspiring, this one included. I especially love the 2 page symetry and the way the photo placement fits so nicely together. The paper accents help with that a lot. The color palette you put together in September is so great and matches the 'theme' so well.

    I will never forget the story of Spencer's response to this layout. It still makes me laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put it back in, just for you. I can't really tell when I'm being offensive and when I'm not (since I have no tact), so I try to err on the side of caution. It's what made me take it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's like one of those things you just can't "un-read". Whether you leave it in or not, it's firmly planted in my memory bank. For now (my memory bank is notoriously unreliable).

    I, too, have no tact (Anth always reminds me). I'm glad we have that in common. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading it too, and wondered where Spencer's reaction went. When I first read it, it took me a minute to figure it out; once I did, it made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete