Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rachel's May Results

Using this month's classic kit, I altered a composition book (Target, 98 cents) as part of a birthday gift for my dear friend, Joanna, who is a beach-loving kind of gal and a big fan of bright, cheerful colors (to match her personality).

Here is the cover:

I covered the inside cover as well (in green and blue to match the front and back covers). I wanted to cover up the school related charts printed inside.

And here is a look at the back cover:

This was a fun project. I used Zip Dry to adhere the paper and I sanded the edges. I'm not sure how it will stand up to the test of time (not to mention wear and tear). Fingers crossed.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marieke's April Results

Wow, I think I am officially caught up...well, at least for a day or two, as I haven't started May's kit.

Another scraplift. I stole this idea from a card I saw on etsy. I colored the strips of text different shades of brown using my Tombow markers. The leaf stamp was from the $1 bin at Michael's - I picked it up last year some time. I was a little bummed because when I went to pull it off the plastic thing the stamps come on, it ripped the tip off. It's still usable, but I don't like that it's broken. Man, those things are really stuck to that plastic the first time you go to use them. :-(

Extra Credit:

I stamped it first on white paper, then colored the image using cheapy watercolors. Not enthralled with the end result, but it'll do.