Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marieke's April Results

Wow, I think I am officially caught up...well, at least for a day or two, as I haven't started May's kit.


Another scraplift. I stole this idea from a card I saw on etsy. I colored the strips of text different shades of brown using my Tombow markers. The leaf stamp was from the $1 bin at Michael's - I picked it up last year some time. I was a little bummed because when I went to pull it off the plastic thing the stamps come on, it ripped the tip off. It's still usable, but I don't like that it's broken. Man, those things are really stuck to that plastic the first time you go to use them. :-(


Extra Credit:


I stamped it first on white paper, then colored the image using cheapy watercolors. Not enthralled with the end result, but it'll do.

2 comments:

  1. I adore the easter themed thank you card. I pretty much love almost anything that uses book pages in some manner. It's a constant philosophical dilemma for me, since I protest tearing apart books, but I absolutely love the look of it in paper art crafts.

    It's neat to see what you have done with the peacock stamp. I like the way you used gradient colors. I think getting into paints and mixed media is going to be a big thing for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I love these! What a cool idea to make a nest out of little strips of newsprint. Fabulous! And I love the color scheme of the peacock card. So creative!

    ReplyDelete