Saturday, September 11, 2010

Claudia's September Results

I absolutely loved this month's kit! Marieke, thank you so much. The colors, patterns, and details you assembled worked together beautifully, and were so much fun to create with. I completed 4 pages, 2 2-12x12 page layouts: Gavin's first day of preschool and a toddler page of Mia.

First off, for Gavin's page, I used the puzzle pieces and the chipboard brackets and bar to make the title. I have been trying to find different ways to frame pictures instead of my usual matting, so I used the embossed paper to create a right-hand border.



Secondly, I continued with the non-matting and was inspired by an article in "Creating Keepsakes" about layouts using 10 pictures. I attempted to frame a picture of Mia on the title page using ribbon and brads, and on the facing page using knotted ribbon as photo corners. I wanted to include some of Mia's pronunciations of words but without writing out a list, so I wrote them on yellow strips within the blue border. (On a side note, since I made this page a couple of weeks ago, some of these words have changed, so I'm definitely going to date this... she's growing so fast!)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! These are amazing! Where do I even begin?

    I love everything! I love how you painted the puzzle pieces and used them in your title - that looks awesome! In fact I think your titles on both layouts really stood out to me. They are wonderful. I love how you used the brackets on the school-themed one and I love the tilted mats under the toddler layout - what a perfect way to add weight to the title. Also, the tilting of it works thematically because toddler's have so much energy and are a little crazy so it really embodies the theme.

    I love how you used the embossed circle mats to edge your photos in the school-themed layout - such a great idea and something truly different. Love it! And I love how you echoed the tilting title under "Play" and the journaling on Mia's layout. I love when things are done three times.

    I love how you incorporated the striped ribbon - there wasn't much of it so I was a little worried about including it, but with the creativity in this group I shouldn't have been. It looks fabulous and I adore how you put the flower brads after it - what a great detail.

    I also should mention that I love how you split up the embellishment package. The "All in a day's work" embellie really goes with the school-themed layout and the "look at me works perfectly with the toddler-themed layout.

    These are beautiful. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I am seriously considering scraplifting you. My habit of leaving out layouts-in-progress has come to a painful end: Hanna pulled up all of the photos/embellishments I had glued down (apparently not well enough) and I don't feel like trying to remember how I had everything, especially now that I've seen what you've done. I love the puzzle piece title - genius - and the matting on the preschool layout. So unique! I like how you cut out circles and used brads in the toddler layout to make your own patterned paper. And the photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I now I already commented, but I can't stop looking at these! I love them. Magazine worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to not look at what's been posted until I post my stuff. However, I am so behind that I just can't wait anymore!

    I am blown away by these layouts Claudia! I agree with Rachel - magazine worthy. I love every little thing about them. Since it would take me years to describe it all (and let's face it - Rachael and Marieke have probably covered it all already! :-) - I will try to pick my favorite things.

    In Gavin's layout, I love the background layout and your creative use of the chipboard and puzzle pieces for the title. I also dig the right hand borders too. They give your photos a polished look.

    In Mia's layout - I just love the overall scheme. My favorite thing is how your 'journaled' Mia's vocabulary. That is so precious. I think the journaling you've done in both layouts will be priceless to you when they have grown into angsty teenagers. :-)

    What a wonderful, creative result Claudia! I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete