Sunday, January 2, 2011

Theresa's December 2010 Results


So, when I opened the December 2010 kit, I was happy to see blue and green papers and embellishments. I immediately thought of our stay in Santa Cruz for Christmas 2009 - the Dream Inn, chinese food and a movie! It was fun, despite also being sad because it was our first christmas without Dad. So, here a selection of images from that time.

I will most likely make cards and other things with the December kit since there are so many neat materials to choose from. (Most of the background papers/edges here were from the Dream Inn or the restaurant we went to.)
More to come!





2 comments:

  1. I love how you incorporated the papers and title in the kit into your color scheme. I was lucky enough to see you work on this one and I love how you distressed the papers. I wish everyone could see these in person because you just don't get the details like you do in real life. There were spots on the menu that for whatever reason resisted the distress ink and it looked really neat. I love how you cut out the dragons and layered them over the photos. Again, super cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, where do I start? First of all, I love the idea of thinking outside of the box and going with the nontraditional color scheme instead of the standard green and red. Your work this month reminds me of April 2010, when Marieke made that gorgeous layout of Spencer and his cousin with the Easter kit. She used spring/Easter papers and embellishments to make a page that had nothing to do with either. I know these photos were technically taken at Christmas, but if your journaling hadn't included that fact, we would never have known. I just love how you didn't get caught up in the Christmas theme and were able to pull papers and embellishments that could be used in another creative way.

    I love the torn borders in the first layout, the way you tied the ribbon in the second, and the incorporation of the menu as background paper in the third. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete