Saturday, January 1, 2011

Claudia's December Results

I intend to make a scrapbook layout with the beautiful December pages and embellishments that Marieke put in this kit, but for now, I made a few Christmas-y 'thank you' cards. Since I am always procrastinating, I waited too long to buy seasonal 'thank you' notes and couldn't find any the past few days. So I thought I'd make my own. I went a little cookie-cutter, using just one layout for the 4 cards, and on top of that, I scraplifted this from a Scrapbooks etc. email newsletter from a few years ago. (I've used this idea for birthdays, Mother's Day, and just about any short sentiment you can think to fit in the little message box on the card.) You can think of this post in one of two ways: an admission to how unoriginal I am at times, or my sharing a favorite "recipe" with you. Please be kind. I did add one piece of ribbon that wasn't in the kit (the fat red ribbon) that I had left over from last Christmas, just because I felt the little tag needed another width.


Luckily, these cards don't take very much in the way of supplies, so I still have the majority of the December kit to play around with. But for now, I will consider myself caught up and ready to move on to ORMV 2011. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! These are really cute. I have never thought of using ribbon like that before. I think these came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized I had missed commenting on these. So sorry. My bad.

    I love these. I love how you are always trying new things and showing us new ways to use stuff - like the ribbon here. I love them all lined up like that under the sentiment. So cute!

    These look great! And I am sure whoever received them thought they were great, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete