Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rachel's January Results

First of all, apologies for the weird photo this month. I'm bad enough at taking photos during the day, but nighttime is pretty much a disaster, what with the shadows and all. Also, let me know if you're still not able to click on it for a closer look - I need to figure out what's causing that.

I loved the idea that Claudia had for this month. This was the first Beatles title that came to me, and while I toyed around with others, I just kept coming back to this one. This is the first time I have ever used my Cricut. Finally. I ended up tracing the letters with a blue gel pen because I wanted the title to stand out a little more. Clearly I still need some practice in letter placement, but luckily the font allows for a little, er, playfulness in the arrangement.

I also decided to print the photo on the left in black and white because the clothing patterns were too busy. The green sweater in the right photo had to stay, though. Too perfect.


3 comments:

  1. What's not to *love* about this layout? After all... it's GREEN! :-)

    In all seriousness, I do love the color. And I think you chose a great song title. You definitely had me guessing. Now I can't wait to work on my layout and see what M & C chose.

    In all of your projects I really like the special attention you pay to journaling. The little tag in this layout is adorable on it's own. However, am I seeing that right? Did you use correction tape to highlight the months? Such a cute little detail.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what an awesome song title choice. I love what you did with the pictures; I wouldn't have thought to make one B&W if it didn't match the color scheme, while leaving the other one in color, and your photos look simply perfect together. (Beautiful pictures, by the way.) I like how you traced the letters, giving the title a finished look. What I love most of all is how soft and sweet the layout looks, with the rounded corners, the embellishments, and the font. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! This song title was on my list of options. I love what you did with it.

    This is such a pretty layout. I love how you match your photos to the colors of the paper and embellishments. It really brings it all together. I, too, liked how you did one photo in black and white and the other in color to achieve that effect. I also love the large title. I love how it looks. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete