Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rachel's July Results


Here is my humble offering for the month of July. Looking at what you three have created, I'm a bit embarrassed to post it, but I'm afraid the other layout I've been working on just isn't coming together and I'm going to have to table it for a while.

I loved the postcard paper so much I had to give it center stage (or off-center, as it were).
I printed my title and journaling directly onto the cardstock. I downloaded the font for the title from the Internet from a free site Marieke sent us a while back and I used Microsoft Word to format the arrangement of the title and journaling (using a text box). The sun border isn't perfect, as it was cut by hand, but I still like the way it came out. The journaling is very tied in with the embellishments, which isn't always the case. Sometimes they're just pretty things to add to a page, but this month they help tell the story.

4 comments:

  1. I love this, Rach! I love how you cut out the borders using the design on that sunburst patterned paper. Also, I love the font you chose. The overall design with the two columns of photos is really neat! I like how symmetrical it looks and I love how it allows you to show off the postcard paper. I tend to find paper I love, then can't figure out how to display it properly. This looks awesome. I love how you put the vellum quote right onto the photo. That looks awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Marieke wrote! These are great pages, Rachel. I also really liked the two columns of photos. And I loved that you let the postcard paper speak for itself. The borders you made with the patterned paper was really clever, so creative. The quote goes perfectly with your narrative, and I loved what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I think this layout is fabulous. Not only is the subject matter just perfect, but I also love how you are exploring new graphic fonts. (What is that website again? :-)

    You have inspired me to try something a little new for my August project. That is what's so wonderful about this club. And with 4 of us now, it's just getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Theresa, Here is the site: http://tinyurl.com/lbgbwu

    ReplyDelete