Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rachel's February Results



So I'm fairly certain that this is the first month that I haven't done a layout; only cards. And six of them no less (!).

In no particular order:

"Hugs & Kisses" (1 of 6):

I used a circle punch to cut out the circle behind the title and distressed the edges with a deep red chalk ink. I used the silver brads to secure the vellum and glue dots to secure the metal hearts.

"Barrett Browning quote" (2 of 6):
















This one is a little unconventional (no title on the front), but with a sentiment like that, who needs a title?

"A heart that loves" (3 of 6):


This card is really simple, but one of my favorites. I loved that the chipboard butterflies Claudia supplied with the kit had coordinating stickers.

"Dickinson quote" (4 of 6):


For this card, I decided to leave the chipboard butterflies in the raw. I also went a little crazy with the ribbon loops (just trying something new), which I secured with my Fastenater (thanks, Marieke).

"Remember when" and "My Friend" (5 and 6 of 6):


These were the last cards I made, and after I made the first one, I decided to use the same template to make the other. I really like the idea of using these cards for occasions when you're feeling nostalgic or you have a funny story from the old days you feel like reminiscing about.

2 comments:

  1. I know I already said so, but these are great! I am impressed with how many you made in such a short time.

    I think I liked the EBB one the best before, but now I think it's the Dickinson card. The quote is nice, but I also love how you tried something new with the ribbon and kept persisting until it worked. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these, Rach! Every single one is gorgeous. I cannot believe you did these in one sitting. Awesome job! I love how you included the pockets on the last two cards - adorable and something that would not have occurred to me.

    I really love the Dickinson and Greek proverb cards. On the Greek proverb card, I love how you placed the butterfly half on and half off the quote and I love how you put two brads there next to it. I just really like this design. On the Emily Dickinson card, I love those little ribbons on the corners. Very cute!

    All of them are gorgeous. I am loving your cards. They're great!

    ReplyDelete