Thursday, February 24, 2011

Marieke's February Results

I'm finally starting to catch up from CU. I actually made this layout about a month ago at one of my crops, but am just getting around to posting it. I want to make more with this amazing kit from Claudia, so I might be posting some additional pics on down the road. I have been recently looking at enormous houses with my father-in-law and just when you think you've reached the end, there are more and more rooms. This kit was just like that, it kept going and going...It was filled with so many awesome goodies and I loved every single thing in it. Thank you, Claudia, for doing such an amazing job.

So without further ado:


Let me just say that I am not happy with my camera - blurry, dark photos don't make me happy. :-(

About the layout itself - well, let's just say I much prefer typed journaling than my handwritten journaling. But, I am trying to take my own advice and include my handwriting on some of these baby pages. It's not easy. I am hoping Lily will appreciate it when she gets older. I just came across a tag attached to a gift bag in our wrapping paper & bows box that was written out to Spencer and me in Cyn's handwriting and I was ecstatic to find it, so hopefully my handwriting will mean as much to Lily Bean someday as finding Cyn's meant to me.

The journaling reads:

"Seeing you for the first times was magical. It was hard for me to believe you were really in my belly - that this cute little peanut-shaped being was inside of there. Your heartbeat was 162 beats per minute and I couldn't grasp you had a heart, even though you had already stolen mine."

3 comments:

  1. I love the journaling. Absolutely love it. There is no doubt that Lily will appreciate it, too!

    Did you color the graphics with Copics? It looks great.

    I'm glad we're using border punches now. Woot! I have to go back and read the guidelines so I can get it all straight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you're referring to the bracket border along the bottom - I did that by hand. On the back of one of the packages (I think it was something by Making Memories) there was a bracket template. I used that and repeated it along the paper, then cut it by hand.

    That said, I would LOVE to add border punches to our allowed tools list. :-) It is the one thing I consistently miss when using the kits. I don't really miss anything else. I included some precut borders I picked up at Joann in the May kit just because I love em so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for a layout. I love the title and the ribbon border above the ultrasound photos. So cute! I love seeing your handwriting and Theresa's right: Lily will too.

    ReplyDelete