Thursday, November 11, 2010

Claudia's November Results

I apologize for posting so late, but I am slowly catching up. I think I burned out on my marathon October pages, and combined with 4 trips up to the Bay Area in 2 months, plus the holidays in general, I had to take a scrapbooking vacation. And now I am back to it... Here is a 2-page 12x12 layout using November's supplies. I have to say, I loved the colors and prints in this kit. I was a little afraid to start a project with the kit; there was so much potential for beautiful work (as proven by the previous posts), I didn't want to fall short. As for this layout, it is a little unfinished. I plan on journaling, or at the very least dating the pictures, in the lower half of the pages, but I'm not sure how I'll do that yet. I used gold acrylic paint with the stencil to make the background. I was not patient and did not follow Marieke's sage advice on how to use the stencil, but I have convinced myself the the blurred edges were intentional. I made the title in MS Word, with clipart I downloaded from their website. My favorite little detail does not stand out in the overall shots of the pages, so I included a close-up of the french knots I learned to make with the embroidery string, that I put below the lavendar brads. The paper tore a bit (not too obvious on the pages themselves, but definitely noticeable in the close-up), so I will have to practice and research the technique. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I think I'll try incorporating embroidery in my pages... Who knows, it might turn into a new hobby.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Claudia, this came out gorgeous. I love the stenciled background paper. Wow! It looks like specialty paper. I love the tearing combined with the ribbon - what beautiful borders (and I love that they overlap). The title came out great, too. I want to learn how to make those French knots! Oh, and I really like the way you threaded the ribbon through the leaf and key. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel - that background paper is very special!

    I also love the title that you made. The MS clipart library is not something I've explored before. You can bet I will now!

    I think tying french knots should be our own little class at CU this year. Should we all bring some embroidery string and practice? I want to learn, too!

    ReplyDelete