Thursday, November 11, 2010

Marieke's November Results

So, I'm not sure what I am going to use this layout for so I've included several options.

Either, I'll use it for Kurt's album:






Or I may save it for myself. I'm not sure yet.


I plan on putting the date in the round purple sun-looking thing and journaling in the tags when I finally make up my mind.

I stitched the golden ribbon into ruffles and stitched on top of the photo corner and the leaf. I cut the letters and the hearts out of the vintage page. I painted some bubble wrap with green paint, left the bubble wrap face-up on the counter, then placed my paper over it and pressed down. Then I distressed the edges a little. I used a 12 x 12 white paper as my base, cut a strip off the brown paper and put it at the bottom so that it looked like the brown was a solid 12 x 12 paper. (I was inspired by Claudia's trickery with paper - especially the pumpkin paper in last month's layouts.) Then I laid down the paisley paper. I still had a gap, so I added a strip of purple cardstock and put the plaid ribbon over it.

I think that's about it.

3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful!
    If it were me, I'd have a hard time giving them away - but I am sure Kurt would love to have them. Such a tough decision!

    I love all the stitch work you did on this layout. I haven't developed a good relationship with my sewing machine yet. I hope to soon though.

    I think the bubble wrap technique was really clever. How did you get your letters so straight? I would have a really hard time cutting those out.

    I haven't even started November yet, but I'm going to have a hard time not scraplifting yours! This will stick with me for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning. I know you haven't made up your mind yet, but I really like the first picture. Even if you don't decide to use that one, I definitely think you should use a larger photo (if you decide to keep it for yourself, I mean). I love the layered look and the stitching (I'm with Theresa - I need to get acquainted with my sewing machine as well). So original. I love the unconventional use of brads in the embellishment cluster (the cult of three - I so drank the Kool-Aid on that one. Love it.). And the pleated gold ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the pleated ribbon and how the stitching appears to hold the layers together. And the bubble wrap painting is an awesome idea, and I can imagine what other materials can be used similarly... I love the textured result. I was dying to use the vintage page, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I think I was too distracted by the text itself, I didn't think of cutting out shapes and your letters and hearts are a great way to incorporate the paper. And I am seriously considering scraplifting the stenciled tags, since I haven't figured out how to add journaling to my layout. I like how you combined the two tags.
    Gorgeous work! And it's probably too late, but I agree with Rachel... I really like how the layout looks with a larger photo. It's a beautiful way of highlighting one special moment.

    ReplyDelete