Thursday, August 12, 2010

Claudia's August Results

I enjoyed all of the different patterns and colors in this kit, and I liked the process of choosing what to use together for this 2-page layout. (They are 12x12 pages again, but I plan on experimenting with a different size very soon.) I took advantage of the greens and yellows (with a hint of pink) to do a page about Gavin and Mia as siblings. I used the flowers to back the alphabet stickers (except on "big bro" where I cut circles out of the green dotted paper... a little more masculine). I used up both "I" stickers, so I used an exclamation point... I'm glad that was on there! And I thought the cuddle paper ribbon went perfectly with the pictures of Gavin cuddling with Mia. This was a lot of fun to put together!





I was inspired by Theresa's technique of enlarging a paper accent last month, hence the big brother giraffe. I scanned and enlarged the giraffe on a blank page, then cut it out and traced it on orange spotted paper Rachel included in the kit. I drew on the eyes and mouth, and colored in the ears and hooves. I found the Little Sister poem online (which fits Gavin & Mia's relationship very well, although I think he causes her more strife!) and printed it on the craft paper. I'm posting close-ups of those two features.













2 comments:

  1. Claudia, this is gorgeous. I love it! First of all, I cannot believe you made that giraffe. Seriously! I love the creative way in which you used the flowers (placing the stickers on top of them) and how you knotted the ribbon (what a great way to add texture!). I adore this layout (and the subjects in the photos :). Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this layout, Claudia. It is just so cute! I thought your idea to create another giraffe was genius. :-) I love it. And I love the heart between them, symbolizing brotherly and sisterly love - so sweet.

    I absolutely loved how you put the stickers on the flowers. Again, genius - something I never would have thought and absolutely love. Also, I thought the way you cut the paper into strips and hid the seams under the giraffes and photo to get 12 inches was so smart. Your planning and awesome use of the supplies really makes this layout shine. I love how you knotted the ribbon and put it over the green paper on top of the pink/green patterned paper - I love all those layers. And I love how you fit those three pieces in and around the photos. This layout design is just so clever. The poem you selected was very cute, too. I really love this layout. I think it might be my favorite of yours thus far. It looks like something from a magazine.

    ReplyDelete