Monday, September 19, 2011

Rachel's September Results

I had Claudia, and what a treat it was to put this layout together of her son Gavin's fourth birthday! She had only two requests. First, that the layout be two pages, in line with Gavin's scrapbook so far, and second, that I include the birthday invitation itself. She included some scraps of paper leftover from matting the invitation, as well as some Toy Story themed stickers and other coordinating embellishments.

Here is what I came up with:

I loved that there were different photos from each of the celebrations, and they all told a story, which tied in so nicely with the theme. The title was a no brainer for me.


I loved the detailed journaling that Claudia provided and decided to include the journaling in a bullet point style as a list of captions for the pictures. I have always wanted to try this out, and thought this was the perfect opportunity.

I just happened to have two sets of the little yellow number circles. I also had the felt number and ribbon in my stash, which I thought was in keeping with the primary color color scheme.

Claudia, I really hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Rachel! Thank you so much! The title is perfect, and I really like the numbering. I especially admire its simplicity... I think if I had done it, I would have tried to use every little Toy Story sticker I had. You have a very good eye for the right amount of embellishment, and made the photos the focus. I'm so happy with it, THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Rach. I love how you arranged the photos and I love how you added numbers that match the photos to the descriptions. So clever! I would never have thought to do that. I also love how prominent Woody is as he is such a lovable guy - I like the way he stands out. And the title - adorable. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I thought I had commented on this already...well, actually I did...when you made it! I was SO jealous at how fast your layout came together. I turned my head for a minute and you had it all planned out, not fair!!!The numbering of the pictures to coordinate with the journaling is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete