Sunday, March 13, 2011

Marieke's March Results


I wanted to use some stamping on my layout, so I went looking for ideas. I stole the idea of stamping the doilies from the Pencil Lines sketch blog. The doily stamps are My Mind's Eye Stella stamps and I got them for $1.06 after my $5 off coupon. Sweet deal! I stamped the butterflies from stamps I had.

The patterned paper I used is from a kit I bought about 6 years ago on QVC that was put out by Lisa Bearnson, the founder of Creating Keepsakes. It just happened to go really well with the colors in the letters.



I made a card and couple of boxes at one of my weekly Archiver's crops. I really like using the dies at Archiver's. They're super fun and easy to use and best of all they cost me nothing. :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable. And it makes me want to cry (because of the subject matter, not the execution of course). So I'll try to focus on that. Sniff. The stamped images are stunning. And I love how you made your own patterned paper with the doilie stamps. Gorgeous! The doilies echo the circles in the letters and the patterned paper. Nice touch. And the journaling, is of course, priceless. Sigh.

    The "hi" card is adorable. Love those rosettes! At least someone got the hang of those...How hard is it to use the dies for the boxes? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete