Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tammy's March Results

In all honesty, I intended to complete a scrapbook layout with this kit. I promise, you can ask Rachel and Theresa. I even had pictures picked out to match and everything. As I sat down to complete my project I couldn't find the spark to get started with the layout so I reverted to my safe zone and made several cards. Here they are together (please forgive my terrible photography skills):


And here they are one at a time. This first one is for Marieke. I used Papertrey's Turning a New Leaf stamp set (oh, and by the way, they are releasing a die set to go with the stamp set on the 15th!). Initially I tried to clear emboss the leaf image but it didn't show up on the card stock so I went with a green ink.



Next, I had to borrow from Theresa and include a butterfly image. Not as sparkly and fun but still pretty cute. After taking the picture I wish I hadn't used a green flower and stem. Oh well...



I'm not sure why but this one is my favorite of the bunch. Another Turning a New Leaf stamp used:


And, last but not least, a birthday girl card with distressed edges:


Thank you for inviting me to join your lovely group! I still have quite a bit of paper and letters and look forward to making a few more items with March's kit.

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Tammy, these are so freaking creative! [Drooling.] I love them! I love how you used die-cuts and stamps to back the letters. Seriously inspired. The last card in particular looks like the stamps and letters were made to go together. And you are amazing at coordinating colors. It's just ridiculous. I am absolutely thrilled to have you with us! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this has taken me so long to post a comment. I sincerely apologize. I actually looked at these stunning cards right when you posted them and fell in love with them, but thought, "Well, I'll save my comments for when I post my stuff, so no one knows I am "cheating" by looking at them before I am done." Yeah, well, I'm still not done and feel compelled to post on your gorgeous work anyway.

    Tammy, these are stunning! I am so impressed with your cards and what you have done here. Honestly, I don't even know where to start. Usually, I pick my favorite thing and start with that, but they are ALL gorgeous!!! These look like they were in a magazine. Seriously, have you tried submitting your cards to some of the open calls for Papercrafts and the other card mags? These are waaaaaay better than what I have seen in Papercrafts.

    Since I love each one, I'll just start at the top. I love the tone on tone stamping with the Turning a New Leaf set in the Thank You card. I also love the diagonal placement of the "you" and I adore those bracket flower die-cuts. So cute!

    I really love how you stamped off the edge of the card with the dragonflies and stems in the "mom" card. I really love that look.

    In the "hello" card, I love the placement of the letters - how some are popped up and over the others. This looks adorable! I also love how you used different dies for the letters. So cute! Love it!

    And in the "birthday girl" card, I love the dotted circle stamps surrounding the letters, the tone on tone (with the lavenders) stamping, and again, the placement of the letters - up and down. You really excel at finding creative ways to do something new with placing the letters. I love that!

    I really liked how you framed the letters in such different and unique ways on each card - some with stamps, some with dies. I am very impressed and am so glad you joined our little club. As far as I'm concerned you can just keep posting cards. These are stunning and I would love to see more of your creations. Thank you for your contributions! I can't wait to see what you come up with for April.

    ReplyDelete