Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Theresa's October Results

Layout (4 pages): Steve Skalle

I was quite ambivalent when I started to look through the October kit. I was giddy because there were so many possibilities! Conversely, I was also a bit confounded because I had *no* idea what to do with any of it. The main reason is that I didn't have much in the way of Halloween inspired photos to scrap. None, in recent memory. From this - and a fortuitous trip to BL - the idea of Steve Skalle was born. Did I mention recently developing a crush on the show "Bones"? Ah well - that was part of it too, I suppose.

We carried Steve all around with us the week prior to and of Anthony's birthday. He got jiggy at Anthony's birthday party and hitched a ride all the way to South Lake Tahoe for Halloween weekend. It's a shame he didn't get into the Rock Sugar concert. What I've shown here are the antics that arrived with Steve - giving Anthony and I some of the most unforgettable photo moments this side of 30. In these 4 layouts I was challenged to stretch that 24 inches of black spider border to the full 32 outside inches of the project. Not my favorite end result this year - but I so do enjoy those pictures. :-)

Pages 1 and 2


Pages 3 and 4




Card (1/1)

I couldn't stop with the layout because there are so many more nifty elements in the October kit! Instead, I went ahead and made a birthday card for a good friend. I know it's unconventional - but so is she (so I hope it's a hit!).



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Theresa, it was so much fun to see this layout, especially after I had a sneak preview of the photos you had to work with! I love how you decided to mix it up and cut circles out of some of the photos while leaving the others untouched. And I am particularly fond of the torn orange paper with the white edge showing through. What a great border!

    And what a cute card! I love how you tailor each card to the person you are sending it to. Nice use of the witch charm, by the way. I really like that you hung it from a brad. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, T! They're so fun!

    I like how you set the lavender word strips on a diagonal. I love the way that looks. I also love how white that ink looks on the black - what kind of pen is that? And I have to add how impressed I am that you designed your layouts to stretch the spider web borders. These are great layouts!

    I also love your card. I thought this was super creative. :-) What an original way to use the materials. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, I love these! The border on the layouts is awesome, I love the spiderweb on torn orange paper. And I really like the white spiderwebs, what ink did you use? I think my favorite detail is your journaling on the painted white stripes. So creative!

    Like your last card, I like how you used the ribbon. And I love how the black and yellow look together. I think it's awesome that the card was for someone's birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete