Monday, October 18, 2010

Marieke's October Results

Okay, so I know my layout isn't new, but I did manage to get a few cards done this month, too.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, another one for Kurt's album, which you've all seen.

No, his album will never be done. I have come to realize and accept this.



The outlining was done with my white Sukura Souffle gel pen. Not really much else to say about this one.


And some Halloween cards:



I drew the ghost and cut him out - I used an image I found online and hand-drew him looking from computer screen to paper.

I did an image search in google for the sheet music and printed out a pic of it onto the lavender paper by copying and pasting it into a word doc. I think it came out pretty cute and I might just do this again in the future.

For the white circle with "Happy Halloween!" written on it, I made the circular text in paint.net (which is a freeware program very similar to photoshop - hey, when you're budget conscious, you gotta know where to go to get the free stuff!). I had to go to the paint.net forum and download a special package of plug-ins to get the the text to go in a circle, but I'm glad this club is pushing me to do more things like that. Might I just say that, like most forums, you'd better use the search function there. People get so snippy when you ask a simple question about curved text. No, I didn't post a question (I know how to use the search function on forums as I've been a member on some where they're equally bitchy about such things) but I ran across some newbies who got chastised for daring to ask about curved text on a help forum. Hello. You're supposed to ask questions on a help forum.



Yeah - not my favorite, but whatever. Done is better than never, as they say.




I came across this thank you paper while doing a search for something totally unrelated - I can't remember what now, but I remember thinking, "What is that doing here?" I liked it and it reminded me of some of the text stuff T has done, so I decided to go with it. Plus, I wanted to make something unrelated to Halloween, so this is it. I used my circle punch for the petals, I just folded under part of the circle, which worked well because it gave the card a 3-D look. Again, I used my Sukura Souffle gel pen to do the dots.

Here's the image of the thank you paper in case one of you wants to make a thank you card with it. First, I made it big by clicking on it, then I just right clicked on it, copied it, and pasted it into a word document. Easy peasy. Next, I hit print. It comes out a little larger than what you need for a 4.25 x 5.5 card (which is one of the most common sizes).

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so maybe I've already seen the layout on your blog, but it doesn't fail to continue to dazzle. I think what first caught my attention was the color combination. I love how the purple and green combine with the standard Halloween black and orange. You are like a walking advertisement for those Souffle pens. You make me really want to get some, because what you do with them is so cool. The spiderweb border and the black strip with the purple circles blends in so seamlessly you can't tell what is part of the original patterned paper and what's been added. I am very fond of the placement of the title (and the use of three different fonts) and how that is echoed in the cluster of three embellishments. Beautiful!

    The cards are adorable. Thank you for explaining how you did the Happy Halloween! text on the white circle because I have really been wanting to try that out. I love that you decided to do a non-Halloween themed card with the materials. Lord knows you had enough to work with because this kit was just jam-packed with goodness. The possibilities are overwhelming. (And I still need to post...)

    ReplyDelete