Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Theresa's May Results

Hello ladies! It's a little late in the month - but I feel like I'm gaining a little of my scrapping groove back. My dining room looks like a paper tornado went through it - but I'm having fun!

Layout #1 of 2

I have to admit that I was completely intimidated by the abundance of different shades of purple this month. I actually fell in love with the deep purples and loved the lavender contrasts. This layout seems "in your face" with the photo - but it's a photograph I really like. It reminds me of a time that was sad, but really special with my mom. Our relationship has changed so much since then that I miss the time we spent at the ferry building. It's all very nostalgic for me now. That's probably why I created a card too! (I don't think the card quite fits the rules - but I'll still show it, below.)


Layout #2 of 2

I have an abundance of Leeloo pictures right now that I'm inspired to work with. She is so cute and her facial expressions knock my socks off.


Card 1

Could I let the month go by without doing at least ONE ty card? I think not!
Here is the one for May - and I have to say, I think it's pretty!


Card 2

I don't think this card fits the kit rules, but I couldn't help myself. :-)



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love these!

    I love the layout with your mom. that's a great photo. I love the flower in the corner and the brass accents. I think this is my favorite layout of yours. I just love that photo, the layout organization, and well, no surprise, the colors.

    Leeloo is very cute. What a sweetie! I love the fonts you chose for these two layouts - that is such a great strength of yours. I also love how you journal on the die-cuts. I really love how that looks.

    The thank you card is lovely. I love how you've contrasted the purples here. I agree - it's very pretty!

    And I love your Ferry Plaza card - rules were meant to be broken. And if those were things you collected during your visit, then no rules were broken. See rule 12a. When Rachel was working on her travel album, she raised the issue. We figured mementos/souvenirs are essentially the same as photographs. Does that sound okay with you?

    Did we ever talk about using images found on-line in our projects? I don't think we ever did. I don't think it has ever come up before. I hope that's allowed or I broke the rules for April, using that image of the scales. It never occurred to me until now.

    I just scanned through the rules and didn't see anything really about that. I saw something about using images from online as templates, but not directly using images from on-line in our projects. As long as they can be accessed for free, I'm all for it. What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stuff and I have to agree with Marieke: the layout with the picture of you and your mom is stunning. I have always wanted to try using a larger photo like that but always chicken out. I love the Ferry Building card! And I don't think it's breaking the rules, by the way. The thank you card is gorgeous! I would buy that in a store. I love the placement of the circle on the Leeloo layout. I think it lends a lot of energy to it, and builds upon the playfulness of the photos. And what a great idea to place the letters on the dark purple. Now why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I agree with Marieke. Images online are fair game.

    ReplyDelete