Friday, May 14, 2010

Marieke's May Results

How does time go by so fast? I can't believe this is our fifth month. Wow.

I am actually pretty happy with what I have accomplished because if it weren't for this club and the pressure to complete a project, I might not ever get started on or finish anything.

So here is is my May project - another one for Kurt's album. This is Grandma Barb with Spencer and Alex. Kurt is in one photo and cousin DJ is in the other.

I added the white doodling to delineate the patterned paper and because it needed to be jazzed up a bit. I drew the circle with a protractor and hand-cut it out, then inked the edges to distress it a bit and hide the jagged edges from the hand-cutting.



I am including the one below even though I didn't make it for the purpose of this club and even though it uses two "outlawed" items (since they weren't in the kit) - the Prima flowers and the doily. I made this layout 5 months ago at Christmas time. I went down to California at Thanksgiving and brought way too much stuff with me so I pared it down to a more limited selection when we went down at Christmas. Too limited as it turned out. I needed to steal from the May kit in order to have something to work with. So here is another result using almost identical materials. This was the first time I had used torn paper in a layout - still not sure about it. The photos are of Cyn when she was a girl and her family moved to Chula Vista.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Chula Vista! :-)
    I had so much fun scrapping over the holidays.

    This month's kit has Marieke written all over it. At first, I found all of the different shades of purple really daunting. However, I really had a lot of fun creating a couple of layouts and cards. (Will post soon.)

    I like your Barb layout a lot. You do things I am often afraid to do. Like draw or doodle your own designs. I also *love* that purple striped ribbon. Even though I tried several different ways to use it... in the end it was left off at the end. I liked the way you used it in your layout. I think that is the biggest shortcoming of the layout size I work with. Sometimes there just isn't enough room to include everything I'd like to.

    It's so good to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Barb layout a lot, too. I love how you also whipped out the white doodling pen this month. Except of course, your doodling doesn't look like doodling, it looks like a pattern because it's so beautifully neat. I like how you chose not to use photo mats and how you used the flower clusters to ground the photos. The Chula Vista layout is beautiful (and I totally remember you telling me about having to purge the May kit. Don't feel bad - remember how excited I was about the March kit? I had already violated it before 2009 was over). How could you not love the tearing? The use of vellum adds so much softness and goes so well with the underlying patterned paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete