Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Theresa's (belated) March Results

Hello crafty ladies!

I am sorry for my recent absence. Alright, my extended, recent absence. While life has taken it's twists and turns, I'm ready to get back into something that makes me happy: scrappin'!

I was going to start back with ORMV in the May kit. However, I really loved the papers in March - so here is my humble offering.

Layout #1

These photographs were taken at my 25th birthday party.... almost 10 years ago!

These were good times, I tell ya. I think the paper patterns capture my nostalgia for the period, which is why I wanted to do this.




Layout #2

I don’t find a whole lot of creativity in this – but I loved the bird image and it reminded me of this photo – which was taken on our first vacation. So, I just put them together because I couldn’t bear giving the bird image away in a card, which was my first instinct when I saw it.



Cards 1,2,3

These are some TY cards, which I created because I didn’t want to stop working with the bird paper! As it turns out, I needed some – so alls well that ends well.

#1


#2

#3

4 comments:

  1. Hi T!

    So nice to see you're getting back into the swing of things.

    I love your March goodies. So pretty!

    In your layout, I love how the leaves are falling and how you've journaled on them. What a fabulous idea!

    In your vacation layout, I love how you used the flourish again and how you made the layout black & white. I have been very into black and white the past few months. There have been some amazing black and white paper lines coming out lately, including My Mind's Eye line, Meadowlark, which is designed by one of my favorite graphic designers, Carina Gardiner. Back to the layout - I love how you used the birds here. Very cute and the way they're posed - snuggled up to each other - is very reminiscent of the photograph. So cute. What size is that layout? 8 1/2 x 11? Are you playing around with different sizes or is this for a frame or something else entirely?

    Your cards are gorgeous. I love them all, but I would have to say I'm partial to the first one. I love how you got the bird on the inside perfectly positioned and I love the journaling block on the inside. I love that shape.

    I love the font you used on the second card. It feels very art nouveau to me. I love art nouveau. While Klimt is my very favorite artist, Mucha is a close second. Both work in the art nouveau style. I love those elongated elegant, delicate, beautiful lines. So pretty. That font looks really good with this paper.

    I love them all. So nice to have you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to add that I can't believe how fast time has gone by, either. It blows my mind on a continual basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout #2 is 8x10. It's something new I'm playing with. I bought a portfolio book with 8x10 presentation pages. I am going to use that for random layouts or pictures I want to craft with that don't fit the theme of a whole book. So far, this is the only one - but I'd like to do some of our pictures from the last holidays (did you email me those?) and other things here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you back! I love love love the first layout and how the bird overlaps the photo. What a great idea! I also love how you wrote captions on the leaves. Why didn't I think of that? :)

    I love how you photocopied the journaling spot so that you could use it again in your black and white layout. Way to stretch the supplies! I also enjoyed seeing an 8x10 size layout. Way to mix it up. I haven't tried that yet. Actually, the March kit was the first time I'd ever worked in 8 x8 as well.

    You and Marieke are the masters of cards and these are no exception. I love the use of fonts and I like how you used the brads on the first one. Didn't you just love the patterned paper this month? I know I did.

    ReplyDelete