Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tammy's April Results

I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw Marieke's challenge picture for April. I had seen this post by Betsy Veldman a while back and knew I had to use that concept for my Easter cards. After seeing Marieke's picture I knew I wanted to blend them. As you can see from Betsy's post, my card is not an original but I love the challenge colors and those speckled eggs. Here is my take:


I also wanted to make the card in purple for my niece so I thought I would show you that one as well. Thank you Theresa for the gorgeous "dingleberry" ribbon :)

And here is one last picture of them together. Again, I apologize for the sideways pics!!


I'm looking forward to see what you all come up with. I didn't get a chance to work on the "bonus" card. Maybe later this week...


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love these. I LOVE the color schemes!

    I really love the texture on the basket and the background texture. I really need to use my embossing folders more often. I also love the trim you used. That rose trim is adorable!

    These are so pretty, Tammy. I just love them.

    P.S. I fixed your photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am going to feel stupid for asking because I am sure it was an easy fix that I wasn't seeing, but how did you fix them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you shouldn't feel stupid at all. Blogger is finicky sometimes. I have found that opening them, rotating them and then saving them as a completely different file with a new name often fixes the problem. I've had it happen before and that's how I fixed them. If that doesn't work, then I'm at a loss. Blogger does weird things. A few months back, it wasn't allowing anyone to open the photos in each post to make them bigger. There are definitely some bugs in the system. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, these cards are wonderful! Shhh! I actually like your challenge card better than it's inspiration. :-)
    You really are a pro at card making.
    I'm really looking forward to the next crop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look even better in person. The textures and colors are just perfect. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I love the stacked acrylic blocks as a card stand. I might have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete