Monday, April 12, 2010

Marieke's April Results

I only did one project this time and as it so happens it is not even Easter related. The pictures in the layout are of Spencer and his cousin Katie when they were about a 1 1/2 years old. They both became lawyers - Katie is a bankruptcy attorney and Spencer practices criminal defense. I thought it would be cute to juxtapose their serious professions with these silly baby photos.



This is not my favorite layout to date. I would definitely change some things. I don't really love the title in black ink, but when it's all you've got, you've got to go with it. I also don't love the handmade flowers in the cluster. When I first put them down, I absolutely hated them (they were so plain) and so I added some decoration to make them more interesting. They're better but not stellar, in my opinion. I hand-drew and hand-cut the flourish. Shading helped to give it dimension. I am really not crazy about the white stripe with the flowers on it. It's one of those things where you try to scraplift a layout and due to lack of materials, it evolves into a not-so-great derivative. While the layout started out as a scraplift, it morphed into it's own design. There isn't much that is the same from the original layout that I liked in Scrapbooks, etc. - the general organization of the photos remains, but that's about it.

I was pretty late getting started this month and thought about doing some cards but just ran out of steam. I promise next month I'll be more organized and prolific.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I broke my rule and looked before I posted mine, and even worse, I did it in the middle of scrapper's block (I am SO not done). I've been working on mine all evening (finally had a little time to myself) but need to sleep on it.

    I love the hand cut flowers. They were the first thing that caught my eye. Gorgeous and great use of the gems. I especially love the doodles.

    I like the whole concept of the layout - what a cute idea. The way you placed the photos and title strip make it feel really balanced. I like the floral theme, right down to the ribbon and stickers. The yellow around the title, on the tag and in the centers of the flowers and on the flowers in the ribbon picks up the yellow tile and wallpaper in the photos so nicely, especially since the patterned paper doesn't match the photos exactly, which I like because it makes them stand out more. Beautiful.

    Off to sleep. Need energy to resist the urge to throw away what I did and scraplift yours.

    ReplyDelete