Thursday, December 16, 2010

Marieke's December Results

So, I feel like celebrating. I am finished with every kit this year. It feels like an accomplishment, I must say.

The last half of this year has been hard for me because I feel so constrained by the no tools rule - it sort of took the fun out of it for me. Don't get me wrong, that rule served it's purpose when we first started out and didn't all have the same kinds of tools, but it feels like it has outlasted it's usefulness. Maybe it's just me.

So, with that said, it should come as no surprise that I am very much looking forward to the freedom we will have in the new year. I think Claudia's challenges sound great and I already have an idea for January. It's time to ring in the new year.

This month, I made a few cards. Nothing fancy.


I think my favorite is the little guy. I used a strip of glittered flourish I cut off the larger patterned paper and added the bird that came with the angel embellishment. The "Peace" sticker seemed to go with it since the script was cursive-looking and since the bird was a dove it seemed to fit right into the theme.

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful cards, Marieke! I like the simplicity of the Season's Greetings card is (not to mention the perfect bow!). And I like the combination of different patterns in the Joy (with angel) card (which was an inspiration for the cards I made), especially how the predominantly red tartan paper and red gown bring out the red in the other two papers. I would have to say that the Peace card and the Joy (with ornament paper) card are my favorites. I agree, I like how the dove plays into the theme of peace in the small card. And I love how the ornament paper stands for itself in the taller card. On top of that, I love how you used the patterned paper in so many ways. It shows your attention to detail... I wouldn't have thought to use the different sections of that paper in those ways. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an eye for mixing patterns. I love the Joy card with the angel and how you used a strip of holly from the ornament paper. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit - I was really jealous when you posted your December project! I am nowhere near finished for 2010 (having done nothing for November and December yet). I think I may end up bringing 4-5 months worth of projects to work on at CU. :-)

    Having said all of that, I wanted to mention that I loved these cards! I also love the one I got in the mail. Your cards (and layouts) are what inspired me to get started in this madness. Thank you for that - and thank you for this club. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete