Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Theresa's April Results

G'day!

I did a couple of layouts with the April materials - even though we are nearly to June.
I can't take credit for the hatching egg idea... Anth suggested it! I may have over-journaled the page - but I wanted something to capture some of the details of that day.

I wish I'd colored the eggs - but I have no idea where my marker pens are. Somewhere in storage maybe? In any case, leaving them black and white helps the background paper stand out a bit more.

(That's my cheap excuse. :-)


Layout #1 of 2
Leeloo as a newborn, hours old!

Layout #2 of 2

Leeloo circa 5 weeks, already emulating Zoolander's "Blue Steel(oo)".
I was inspired by one of M's distressing-the-paper techniques. I tried it here, but didn't go much farther than that.

4 comments:

  1. I love your titles! Those are just awesome. So perfect!

    I love all your journaling on the Easter layout. I always feel like I should journal more. I love how you reuse the stamped images. That's just so clever.

    That's a pretty cute photo in the Blue Steeloo layout out. Babies are so funny. They make such silly expressions. I love your distressing. It's kinda fun to get grungy and mess things up deliberately.

    Wow, lady, you are all caught up! That's amazing! Truly amazing. I have been lagging the last few months. I barely got it in on time in April and was late in May. For some reason, I found it hard to get started. I am impressed by how much you have done in a week. You're crazy on fire, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I should have said: "I love your titles/themes."

    That is such a cute idea of the egg hatching. Give Anthony my props.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love the Derek Zoolander quote. Awesome. Just awesome. Spencer quotes from that movie all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Adorable! Anthony was so right. What a great idea! I love the hatching egg theme. And how you cut a frame out of the patterned paper and placed a square of the same paper inside. You are always thinking outside the box. I'm always so excited to see what creative thing you're going to come up with next. Love the distressing on the Leeloo layout! And the white writing and vertical title. I loved seeing what you and Marieke did with the April kit in particular because I had a lot of trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete